Spring Break is coming!
Traveling during spring break can be utter chaos for some; where as others seem to travel without a glitch. Here are some easy spring break travel trips that can save you time, money, and help you make the best of your spring vacation, because we all know it is a much-needed break!
Stretch your dollar.
- Book a hotel with complimentary breakfast. I can’t think of a better way to start your vacation than with a free breakfast each morning. Now you only have to budget for lunch and dinner. Another great way to save money is to find a hotel room that has a fridge or microwave. This is a great way to save money on snacks, drinks etc., so you are not constantly dishing out cash every time you need to curb your appetite or quench your thirst! If you have little ones, you can stock up on juice boxes, bottled water, yogurts and even milk for cereal. You can even stock up and keep your favorite adult beverages chilled.
- Another great budget tip is to participate in free activities. Call the local Chamber of Commerce and ask about events that are free and child-friendly or specific to what you are interested in. Sometimes there are free community concerts or events happening while you are visiting.
Some basics that are worth reminding.
- Check-in early at the airport. It will be busy.
- Drink lots of water; especially for those of us who are not used to tropical climates. Many people can get heat exhaustion if they don’t.
- Try to travel and stay in groups. Don’t forget to look out for each other.
- Always keep an eye on your drink, and know your limits.
- Wear Sunscreen! Sunburns can easily turn a tropical vacation into something miserable. Don’t let it happen to you.
Make the most of your time.
- VIP theme park passes can be pricey but can be essential if you are going to a theme park this Spring Break. These passes can give you back-door access to all of the rides without the hour long lines and congestion of the park.
- Get travel insurance. Take the stress and worry away when those traveling nuances happen to you. Were your flights delayed? Did they lose your luggage? It helps to know that you are covered and most plans come with a 24/7 helpline so you are able to enjoy your vacation.
- Don’t forget your camera or video camera so that you can re-live your vacation anytime you want!
For the best worry-free vacation, Call Flathead Travel Service 406-752-8700. We’ve been there!